Northeast Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc (NTEC) is seeking a dynamic leader for the position of Manager of Power Supply located at its Corporate Headquarters in Longview, Texas.
The Manager of Power Supply reports directly to the GM/CEO and manages the areas of power supply. This position ensures that NTEC accomplishes its mission as set forth in current and future goals and objectives for providing efficient and low-priced power resources.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Manager of Power are as follows:
• Manage NTEC’s power supply activities and contract agreements and the solicitation and evaluation of future power supply
• Manage the timely, efficient, and economic dispatching of NTEC’s generation resources
• Provide timely and accurate reports to the GM/CEO and Executive Team, Membership and Board of Directors on plant performance and operations and maintenance
• Establish metrics and prepare monthly reports for the CEO, Executive Team, Membership and Board of Directors
• Assist with the coordination and development of NTEC’s generating stations and purchased power annual budgets
• Prepares annual departmental budget with the assistance and advice of the CFO and CEO
• Make recommendations to GM/CEO regarding practices, procedures, and processes that facilitate operational efficiencies and/or cost improvements.
• Collaborate as needed with regulatory entities monitoring and advising on the development of new regulations